Can discipline and kindness go together? Today on the Bare Marriage podcast we're joined by one of our favourite people, Wendy Snyder, a parenting coach with Fresh Start Family. She helps parents learn how firm kindness works--how we can connect with our kids through...
All the Latest from "Podcasts"
The Obligation Sex Series
- 10 Things to Know about Obligation Sex
- Why Obligation Sex Destroys Libido (and how it affects us long-term) (coming soon)
- A Way Forward to Recovery from Obligation Sex (coming soon)
- You Don’t Need to Consent to Being Used (coming soon)
- When Your Husband Won’t Let go of Obligation Sex (coming soon)
- The Obligation Sex podcast (coming soon)
Previous Posts on Obligation Sex
- Can We Honor our Bodies’ Rhythms?
- Does 1 Corinthians 7 Mean that Women Have No Sexual Autonomy?
- What Happens When Men Believe the Obligation Sex Message?
Previous Podcasts on Obligation Sex
- New Research on the effects of Obligation Sex
- The Myth of the Magic Penis
- Marital Rape, Consent, and the Problems with Obligation Sex
Plus please see our Great Sex Rescue Toolkit for handy downloads about the effects of obligation sex that you can give to your pastor, counselor, small group leader–anyone who teaches it!
And see chapters 9 and 10 in The Great Sex Rescue for all our charts, stats, and commentary!
The Sexual Recovery Series–Digging Yourself out of the Pit
- A 4 -Point Plan to Sexual Recovery
- Redefining Sex: Seeing Sex as an Expression of your Relationship, Not an Individual Need
- What Sexual Recovery Looks Like
- Safety and Intimacy: You’ll Never Have an Intimate Sex Life without Feeling Safe First
- When Sex Has Become One-Sided, Leaving Her Feeling Used
- 8 Step Plan to Regain Sexual Autonomy
- Why You Need to Deal with Your Own Sexual Stuff
- When Your Spouse Won’t Change
Marital Rape Posts:
- 2 Kinds of Marital Rape
- How to Recover from Marital Rape (if it’s possible)
- Why Christians Often Don’t Understand Consent
- 5 Next Steps if You Realize You’ve Coerced Your Wife into Sex
- Does 1 Corinthians 7 Mean that She Has No Sexual Autonomy?
- How Do I Get My Husband to Understand He’s Been Coercing Me into Sex?
- PODCAST: A Path forward Addressing Sexual Shame (with Jay Stringer)
- PODCAST: The Myth of the Magic Penis (and a call for integrated sex)
- PODCAST: Learned Helplessness and Sex
Keith’s Danvers Statement Series
Looking at the 4 ways those who believe in hierarchy in marriage think marriage can go wrong
- Domination: Do hierarchalists take it seriously?
- Passivity: Is it the problem hierarchalists say it is?
- Usurpation: Behold the circular logic!
- Servility: When every problem is a nail
- And our PODCAST summarizing the whole series!
Plus see the book Keith co-authored with Sheila, The Good Guy’s Guide to Great Sex!
The Research Deep Dive Series
- Does Sex Start in the Kitchen or Does It Die There?
- How Does a Couple’s First Time Affect Libido?
- Is “All Men Struggle With Lust” a Primal Fear?
- Is She Dressing for Attention or is He?
- PODCAST: Ogling and Dressing for Attention
- 5 Questions to Ask That Minimize Bias When Discussing Research
- 10 Things to Know About Hormones and Libido
- Bring Back Vanilla Sex
The Marriage Misdiagnosis Series
- I’ve Figured Out Why Christian Marriage Advice Can Be So Shallow
- Why Elevating Commitment As the Answer to Everything Misses the Point
- 4 Things Christian Marriage Teachers Need to Stop Saying
- Who is the Focus of Most Marriage Teaching?
- PODCAST with Natalie Hoffman: An example of marriage misdiagnosis in real life
- PODCAST: The Marriage Misdiagnosis Podcast
- Are We Putting Reconciliation Before Rebuilding Trust?
- Does It Really Take Two to Tango?
- Should We Always Put the Husband Before the Kids?
- Why Holding Up Radical Stories of Marriage Restoration Can Harm More than Hurt
- If I Pray Hard Enough, Will God Heal My Marriage?
- I Followed Christian Marriage Advice about Genders–and I Failed My Husband
And please check out our book The Great Sex Rescue about all the ways that evangelicalism has given the wrong diagnosis about sex!
Older posts from "Podcasts"
Every Young Man's Battle is a dangerous book. Part of the Every Man's Battle series, it is addressed to teenage boys to help them battle lust and pornography. I hear about Christian schools and youth groups that are still going through it with 13, 14, or 15-year-old...
What if you just can't find a healthy church? Or what if you realize the church you're in is toxic? One of our big findings in our research for our new book She Deserves Better is that church attendance as a whole is good for girls. It leads to better self-esteem,...
It's our podcast with Aimee Byrd--plus something super fun! I've been looking forward to this podcast for a long time. First, I just love Aimee Byrd, and while we talk a lot online, I haven't had the opportunity to have her on my podcast yet. So this was a treat. And...
Let's talk Non-Toxic Masculinity! Men were not created to sin; and men were not created to be clueless when it comes to emotions and relationships. Today we have Zachary Wagner on the podcast with his new book that I am so excited about--Non-Toxic Masculinity. Then...
Where do we go from here? And what will happen if we don't change? Those are the questions we're asking in today's podcast, as we're celebrating the launch of our new book She Deserves Better! It launched on Tuesday and it is selling SO WELL (thank you, everyone!). ...
Have you ever heard the J.O.Y acronym? It's supposed to sum up our attitude towards how we live our lives, and it stands for: Jesus first Others second You last This is very much what we're taught in church--that we come last. Yet Jesus said that we're to love others...
It's definition day on the podcast, as we talk Shame with Jasmine Holmes! Plus some other fun stuff! I find Jasmine such an engaging person and a really insightful writer, who has done the hard work of wrestling with difficult things. Her new book Never Cast Out is...
We talk so much about trauma--but what it is? How can we address it? And what makes some people more likely to sympathize with the perpetrators of abuse rather than the traumatized victims? One of the big things we're realizing in our launch group for our new book...
Consent and Modesty: Let's talk about two ways the church often gives terrible messaging to teens--and why Today on the podcast we're looking at two more aspects of our upcoming book She Deserves Better, which launches on April 18! We're going to start by interviewing...
How does hearing modesty messages as a teen affect you as an adult? We're working through another big chapter in our new book She Deserves Better today! For She Deserves Better, we surveyed 7000+ women to learn how their experiences as teens in church affect them...
Ever heard that stat that women speak 25,000 words a day and men only 10,000? Or maybe you heard 15,000 and 8,000. Or 50,000 and 25,000. There are so many iterations of it! Well, in today's podcast we follow the rabbit trails to find out where these claims come from...
What dating rules work best for teen girls? We're so excited that our brand new book She Deserves Better: Raising Girls to Resist Toxic Teachings on Sex, Self and Speaking Up launches next month! Until that launch, we want to take the podcasts to walk you through some...