Biblical manhood can't be separated from actual biblical men. There's so much talk about "biblical manhood" and "biblical womanhood", and it's all rather crazy. Most of the things that we consider "biblical womanhood" aren't actually demonstrated by any of the...
All the Latest from "Faith"
The Obligation Sex Series
- 10 Things to Know about Obligation Sex
- Why Obligation Sex Destroys Libido (and how it affects us long-term) (coming soon)
- A Way Forward to Recovery from Obligation Sex (coming soon)
- You Don’t Need to Consent to Being Used (coming soon)
- When Your Husband Won’t Let go of Obligation Sex (coming soon)
- The Obligation Sex podcast (coming soon)
Previous Posts on Obligation Sex
- Can We Honor our Bodies’ Rhythms?
- Does 1 Corinthians 7 Mean that Women Have No Sexual Autonomy?
- What Happens When Men Believe the Obligation Sex Message?
Previous Podcasts on Obligation Sex
- New Research on the effects of Obligation Sex
- The Myth of the Magic Penis
- Marital Rape, Consent, and the Problems with Obligation Sex
Plus please see our Great Sex Rescue Toolkit for handy downloads about the effects of obligation sex that you can give to your pastor, counselor, small group leader–anyone who teaches it!
And see chapters 9 and 10 in The Great Sex Rescue for all our charts, stats, and commentary!
The Sexual Recovery Series–Digging Yourself out of the Pit
- A 4 -Point Plan to Sexual Recovery
- Redefining Sex: Seeing Sex as an Expression of your Relationship, Not an Individual Need
- What Sexual Recovery Looks Like
- Safety and Intimacy: You’ll Never Have an Intimate Sex Life without Feeling Safe First
- When Sex Has Become One-Sided, Leaving Her Feeling Used
- 8 Step Plan to Regain Sexual Autonomy
- Why You Need to Deal with Your Own Sexual Stuff
- When Your Spouse Won’t Change
Marital Rape Posts:
- 2 Kinds of Marital Rape
- How to Recover from Marital Rape (if it’s possible)
- Why Christians Often Don’t Understand Consent
- 5 Next Steps if You Realize You’ve Coerced Your Wife into Sex
- Does 1 Corinthians 7 Mean that She Has No Sexual Autonomy?
- How Do I Get My Husband to Understand He’s Been Coercing Me into Sex?
- PODCAST: A Path forward Addressing Sexual Shame (with Jay Stringer)
- PODCAST: The Myth of the Magic Penis (and a call for integrated sex)
- PODCAST: Learned Helplessness and Sex
Keith’s Danvers Statement Series
Looking at the 4 ways those who believe in hierarchy in marriage think marriage can go wrong
- Domination: Do hierarchalists take it seriously?
- Passivity: Is it the problem hierarchalists say it is?
- Usurpation: Behold the circular logic!
- Servility: When every problem is a nail
- And our PODCAST summarizing the whole series!
Plus see the book Keith co-authored with Sheila, The Good Guy’s Guide to Great Sex!
The Research Deep Dive Series
- Does Sex Start in the Kitchen or Does It Die There?
- How Does a Couple’s First Time Affect Libido?
- Is “All Men Struggle With Lust” a Primal Fear?
- Is She Dressing for Attention or is He?
- PODCAST: Ogling and Dressing for Attention
- 5 Questions to Ask That Minimize Bias When Discussing Research
- 10 Things to Know About Hormones and Libido
- Bring Back Vanilla Sex
The Marriage Misdiagnosis Series
- I’ve Figured Out Why Christian Marriage Advice Can Be So Shallow
- Why Elevating Commitment As the Answer to Everything Misses the Point
- 4 Things Christian Marriage Teachers Need to Stop Saying
- Who is the Focus of Most Marriage Teaching?
- PODCAST with Natalie Hoffman: An example of marriage misdiagnosis in real life
- PODCAST: The Marriage Misdiagnosis Podcast
- Are We Putting Reconciliation Before Rebuilding Trust?
- Does It Really Take Two to Tango?
- Should We Always Put the Husband Before the Kids?
- Why Holding Up Radical Stories of Marriage Restoration Can Harm More than Hurt
- If I Pray Hard Enough, Will God Heal My Marriage?
- I Followed Christian Marriage Advice about Genders–and I Failed My Husband
And please check out our book The Great Sex Rescue about all the ways that evangelicalism has given the wrong diagnosis about sex!
Older posts from "Faith"
Do complementarian men do best? That's what Nancy Pearcey says in her new book The Toxic War on Masculinity! Men who believe that marriage is a hierarchy and that men should get the final decisions (complementarians) do best. This is the podcast (and the op ed) that...
I love Jill Duggar's authenticity in her new memoir Counting the Cost. I love Jill Duggar's (or Jill Dillard's!) growth that she shows in Counting the Cost. I love how Jill models getting help when you need it. I love how she obviously struggled to present a balanced...
Should we endure suffering because it makes us holy? We have a distorted view of suffering in the church today, and it keeps so many women feeling guilty for wanting to make their lives better. Why don't you just put up with what you've got, because look what Jesus...
Does the Billy Graham Rule protect against sexual abuse? On Monday on the blog we were talking about the Billy Graham rule, and how it can harm women. An interesting discussion started on Facebook about that post, and I want to follow up on one of the themes in that...
Let’s talk about The Billy Graham Rule! In a podcast last season with Todd Korpi about his new book Your Daughters Shall Prophesy, we ended up talking about The Billy Graham Rule–and that seems to have been the thing in that podcast that people picked up on the most...
What if our advice actually triggers the behaviour we want to prevent? One of my favourite places on the internet is our private Patreon Facebook group, where the people who support us financially hang out. For just $5 a month people can join our Patreon group, and in...
How do you have a Christian marriage? And is a healthy Christian marriage different from a healthy marriage of two non-Christians? I had this comment after our podcast last week looking at the quest for a biblical marriage:You guys do a wonderful job showing what...
Ever feel like the fog of toxic teaching is lifting? One of the more encouraging things that’s happened to me online lately is my readers’ responses when I posted just one quote from the August 1 Desiring God article, “Your Husband Will Be Perfect; How To Love A...
It’s okay to tell yourself the truth about your marriage. This year, I want to focus on what healthy marriages look like. And one of the big things about healthy marriages is that they tell the truth. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He lives in truth and he...
What does it look like to have a “biblical” marriage? We toss that phrase around a lot–”biblical marriage.” It’s become a really loaded term. But often it’s assumed that a “biblical marriage” is just obvious. Everyone knows what it is. But do they? I’m back from an...
Do you feel like God is constantly disappointed in you? I’m enjoying some downtime this summer, and so I’ve been wanting to share with you some thoughts from some amazing women, highlighting them and giving them some much deserved exposure (so you can follow them...
Have you been grappling with the docuseries Shiny, Happy People? This summer, as I’m taking some down time for a month, I wanted to use the opportunity to introduce you to some amazing women that I “met” on Twitter, and whose writing inspires me and makes me think....